- This event has passed.
Live Cooking Demonstration
February 23, 2022 @ 6:30 pm CST - 7:30 pm CST
Join us for a live cooking demonstration with Gabby DiSalvo from Cooking on Wheels! Come see how she prepares a stir fry recipe and hear her best tips and tricks she’s learned from cooking in a wheelchair.
If you would like to cook the meal alongside Gabby, she will be following this recipe:
– 1 lb ground beef, chicken, or turkey (if you want a vegan/vegetarian option, you
can use tofu or impossible meat or just make veggie stir fry!)
– Any vegetables you like. I like to use:
– Broccoli (frozen steam bag, microwaved and strained before starting)
– Zucchini (diced)
– Carrot (diced)
– Shredded cabbage mix
– Bell pepper (diced)
– Snow peas
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 cup-1 cup of soy sauce (add more as needed)
– 1/2 cup of rice vinegar (add more as needed)
– 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
– 1 tbsp-2 tbsp agave or honey
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 3 garlic cloves (minced)
– 2 tsp ginger (ground or minced)
– 1 tbsp cumin
– 1 tbsp dried basil
– White rice or cauliflower rice (frozen steam bag, microwaved and strained
– Salt and pepper
– Green onions or sesame seeds for topping (optional)
1. Rinse, chop, and prep any vegetables you plan on using.
2. Heat a large pan on medium heat with olive oil.
3. Add garlic and ginger (only if using fresh ginger) and your meat/protein. Break
up until “crumbled” and almost fully cooked through.
4. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, and agave/honey. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add crunchy/more solid vegetables first. Once they begin to cook, add the
softer ones. The timing will vary for each kind of vegetable. Base it off how
crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
6. Add sesame oil cumin, dried basil, and ginger (only if using ground).
7. Serve over white or cauliflower rice, top with green onions and sesame seeds if
you want, and enjoy!
*An added ingredient to spruce up this dish is using chili garlic sauce instead of
garlic and sriracha.
*Feel free to add or omit and any seasonings. This recipe is great with turmeric,
oregano, paprika, onion powder, etc.